The Dodge County Fair Association is seeking ambitious, enthusiastic, and outgoing individuals age 18 as of January 1, 2021 to enter the 2020 Dodge County Fairest of the Fair contest. Scholarship money, gifts, and interview experience are only some of the benefits of being named Fairest of the Fair.
The 2020 Fairest of the Fair represents the Dodge County Fair Association as the hostess of the 133rd Dodge County Fair, and participates in media and promotion events for the fair. Opportunities include: radio interviews, main stage and 4-H emcee events and assistance in the planning of the next Fairest of the Fair contest. The 2020 Dodge County Fairest of the Fair has the opportunity to participate in the 2021 Wisconsin Fairest of Fairs contest at the Wisconsin Association of Fairs Annual Convention.
The 2019 Dodge County Fairest of the Fair, Kennedy Ferron, is a Beaver Dam native and attends the University of Wisconsin – Platteville. Ferron fondly remembers her time spent at the Dodge County Fair and is the reason why she applied in 2019. “Growing up, I showed beef cattle at the Dodge County Fair for many years. Every summer I would see the Fairest of the Fair when I was in the barns, and I always told my parents that I wanted to be just like her someday. Becoming the Fairest of the Fair has given me skills I will carry on forever, it has prepared me as I finish college and go out into the world and find a career.”
This year’s competition process will change in response to current events. The initial round of judging as well as the crowning of the 2020 Dodge County Fairest of the Fair will take place on the night of the press banquet, scheduled for Monday, July 13 at the Bayside Supper Club.
Also new this year, contestants will arrive in the early afternoon and participate in a short series of workshops focused on public speaking, interviewing and media training presented by local supporters of the program.
Do not miss this one of a kind opportunity to gain important life skills while representing the 133rd Dodge County Fair! All applicants for the Fairest of the Fair position will receive gifts from Dodge County Sponsors, valuable interview experience, and build self-confidence all while having a great time.
If you would like more information about the contest, please contact Danielle Clark, Dodge County Fairest of the Fair Program Coordinator at [email protected].
The application can be completed online using Google Forms which can found on the Fairest of the Fair Facebook page.
All applications must be received by Sunday, at 12:00am on Friday, June 19 for consideration.
- Serve as the official hostess at this year’s Dodge County Fair
- Represent Dodge County Fair Association at the County Fair, parades, Dairy Brunch and other community functions for one year
- Represent the Dodge County Fair at the 2021 Wisconsin Association of Fairs Convention January 10-13
- Participate in promotion programs and media events
- Assist in planning next year’s Fairest of the Fair program
- Pleasant personality – confident, gracious, and outgoing
- Ability to speak effectively to large or small groups in various media circumstances
- Ability to relate to and work with a wide variety of people
- Maintains a professional appearance
- Resident of Dodge County for at least one year prior to entry
- Applicants must reach their 18th birthday by January 1, 2021
- Applicant agrees that the time, manner and method of judging shall be solely within the discretion of the rules and regulations set by the Fairest of the Fair committee, WI Association of Fairs, and the decision of the judges shall be final
- The selected applicant agrees not to sign a management contract with any individual/corporation and will not give any written/verbal endorsement or make personal appearances for any mercantile commodity or commercial organization nor permit any photographs to be used without written permission of the Fairest of the Fair committee
- Applicant may be an entrant in only one county/district fair which is considered to be their “home” fair. An applicant must reside in the county they represent. Only exception: The applicant may reside in adjoining county if majority of completed activities are in the county where the applicant enters
WORKSHOP AND INTERVIEWS
- Interviews will be on July 13th at Bayside Supper Club in Beaver Dam
- The interview day will begin at 1:00pm with Fairest Bootcamp, a professional development workshop
- All contestants are required to attend and fully participate
- Following Fairest Bootcamp, contests will participate in individual and group interviews. The Fair Press Banquet is to follow, beginning at 6:00pm
New this year – the final judging and fairest crowning will also take place with the conclusion of the press banquet on July 13th. The applicants will be evaluated on appearance, community activities, personality, poise and speaking ability.
The Fairest of the Fair program is sponsored by the Dodge County Fair Association