Families, friends and organizations are invited to honor and remember their loved ones with a shade tree or picnic table sponsorship at the Dodge County Fairgrounds. A small donation will leave a strong impact for years to come while remembering someone special. More than ten trees are planted annually to remember a lost family member or to honor someone special. Businesses may also choose to sponsor a tree or picnic table to support events and activities at the Dodge County Fairgrounds near Beaver Dam.
New this year, picnic table sponsorships are available for $250 each including two decals with your inscription. The plastic and steel tables are predicted to last 10 years, are folding for easy storage, and will be used for a variety events on the grounds. Tables are currently on backorder, with expected delivery in the Spring of 2022 but you’re welcome to place an order at the Fair Office this year so we can have it available for 2022 events.
Many of the mature trees on the Fairgrounds were lost due to a previous outbreak of the Emerald Ash Borer disease. New, quality trees from Brehm’s Wonder Creek Nursery have replaced these trees — providing shade and comfort year-round. These new trees are providing necessary shade during the seasonably-warm Dodge County Fair, held annually during the month of August. The long-standing nursery has fifty years of quality service and horticultural knowledge in the area. All shade trees are produced locally, onsite at the nursery, located just southwest of the Fairgrounds.
Interested families, organizations, companies and clubs have two opportunities to sponsor a tree. Trees are planted annually in the spring and again in the fall. Orders can be placed in person at the Dodge County Fair office before and during the 2021 Dodge County Fair, scheduled August 18-22, to guarantee planting for the fall season. Inquiries may be directed to Dale Norenberg at 920-885-3586 or [email protected]. Sponsored, professionally-planted trees will include a small but prominent, personalized sign, identifying the sponsor or the loved one being remembered. The non-profit Fair Association appreciates your help with improving the environment throughout the areas on the Fairgrounds.
In four years, twenty-five trees have been donated by area businesses and families. Please thank them for supporting the non-profit fairgrounds;
- Donated in Memory of Melissa L. Jones
- Donated in Honor of Cliff & Susan Olsen
- In memory of John Pankow who loved the Dodge Co. Fair and Country concerts!
- Donated by Emergency Starting and Towing
- Donated in Memory of Karen Schmidt
- Donated in Honor of Steve Hannan
- Donated by Lomira Clover Leaves 4-H Club
- Planted with love in memory of Les “Digger” Quiring in our hearts forever Jean, Cheryl & Lori
- Planted in Memory of Audrey Zanon by the Fair Board
- Planted in Memory of Robert Messer
- Vincent & Betty Nell and family 2019
- In memory of Butch Ptaschinski volunteer and donor
- Angela Crist 1980-2013
- In loving memory for Alex Kuehl, former Dodge County Fair Board member by his children
- In memory of Edward C. Jacobs by Mary Jacobs
- In Memory of Russell A Maurer
- In Memory of Betty J Maurer
- In memory of Lee Bruni crops superintendent for 40 years
- Planted in loving memory of Hattie & Alex Scholz by the Grandchildren
- In memory of Ada Christian Lebanon Luckies 4-H Club Charter Member
- In memory of Don Fabisch board member for 30 years
- “… the cowboy rides away” In Memory of Tom Stebbins by the Ferron Family
- In memory of Joe Meyer board member 1981-2005
- In memory of Bill Christian board member 2001-2013
- In memory of David Hanefeld board member 1985-2020
Started in 2019, eight picnic table donations have been made for families to enjoy their delicious fair food. Please thank them for supporting the non-profit fairgrounds;
- Paizis Inc – Serving Gyros since 1989 (6 tables)
- The Norenberg Family (2 tables)
To sponsor a tree or picnic table, please send $250 each and a notation for sign inscription to:
Dodge County Fair Association
P.O. Box 654
Beaver Dam, WI 53916